- I will pass Endocrine Recertification Boards
- I will create an estate plan with the attorney
- My bedroom will be decluttered and redesigned as my personal sanctuary
- The scale will read under 150 pounds
- My blog will become an interactive one
- I will finish the book I bought on how to derive maximum benefit from my iPod
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Semiannual planning amid a time of overwork, where one transfers from one urgency to another without regard to importance. There are patients that need to be seen right now, others in the hospital that need to be seen today, expected to show up at AKSE on Saturday morning, there are deadlines related to my medical license and to closure of my office which still goes on one year after the last patient exited the exam room. Most of the important things do not have deadlines but are easily deferred to less important things that do. Each June and December I try to decide which things deserve my attention and creation of some appointment time with myself to do them. Usually I agonize over this, often spending more effort with the planning than the doing. It started out that way again but to my surprise, the projects fell readily into place over coffee at the Brew Ha-Ha about two weeks ago.