Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me

"Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64?"  We'll find out.  First time I've been sick on my birthday, at least in recent memory.  Coming off what is now a five day illness, slight relapse this evening after two days of recovery.  Thought I'd treat myself to lunch but got sicker half way through.  Went to tea and knew within minutes that I would not be staying long.

Usually my birthday is a closely guarded secret, it does not invite FB greetings or appear on the master calendar at work.  It does in the synagogue monthly bulletin but that gets no serious traffic.  Usually a call from my kids and from my in-laws, a nice dinner which today I am too ill to eat properly.  Sometimes it falls on Pesach, sometimes not.  Usually a private milestone as it is this year.

Image result for birthday cake

No comments: