Pages

Monday, February 18, 2019

INTJ

Never been willing to pay the $12 for my profile from the Myers-Briggs organization itself so I've subjected myself to the free versions which always calculate to INTJ, with the J near the border but the others solid in their determination.  It's a pretty good summary.  And it makes me fairly unique, falling withing about 2% of test takers, if not 2% of people.  Characteristics have always been there.  I prefer working and studying by myself.  As a medical consultant, I am thorough and I am independent.  I like doing hospital consultations where there are specific problems at hand to be solved than office work where solutions are often more nuanced and control over what the patient will actually do far more uncertain.  Should INTJ's be doctors at all?  We seem to come more on the list of science and legal occupations than medical ones, but some specialties like endocrinology are highly dependent on collecting data and solving a problem.

I am not on any committees, haven't been for some time.  I don't like committees where people have no real expertise.  I've been a little critical of my high school reunion committee for not thinking it important enough to use the available resources to find everyone but important enough to include an optional golf outing and deep sea fishing excursion.  That's not how INTJ's reason.  Being critical of anyone and anything might be.

Of course, in all likelihood I have had an INTJ underpinning irrespective of anyone, including myself, realized that.  Most important adaptations come naturally:  failed team participation, gratifying time with myself in any number of libraries, making fairly ornate dinners with little help, generally regarding our current President as a pendejo but not really all that opposed to enacting something I think is stupid to see if it really is as inane as my intellect would predict.  If anything INTJ's include the right to be dumber than them among the inalienable rights. 

There aren't all that many of us, but we seem to be pretty satisfied people when given the chance to excel.

Image result for intj

No comments: