Pages

Monday, April 1, 2024

Didn't Quite Reset


Return to OLLI.  Return to household activities.  The final three days of each month I allow myself recovery time from a dedicated treadmill schedule.  New month, new half semester.  Week off to a reset that didn't happen.  Not restored by travel, deferring meal preparation to somebody else, relaxation at a hotel, or new experiences sampling new wines and brews.  Not at all the restored New Me.

Still, upcoming tasks return with me.  At least they are foreseeable.  Two Torah readings, my Birthday, Pesach, resumption of an exercise schedule that has gone well.  Plumbing repairs, decisions on this spring's garden, more OLLI.  I can wedge in a platelet donation.  Some legal loose ends.  Some financial loose ends, resumption of writing that has languished.  Indeed, the rest of my semi-annual projects, only one fully completed in the first quarter of the calendar year.  Nothing beyond my capacity, though I wish the week's reset had been more effective.

No comments: