Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Stay at Home


I cannot remember the last day that I did not go anywhere.  Even during the pandemic's peak, every day I would go to my car, then drive a route, usually stopping at a store briefly just to be someplace other than my house.  Today my Daily Task List only has one errand that would take me someplace else, one easily postponed.  My OLLI class in the afternoon is by Zoom from my laptop.  Plumbers scheduled to do some major revisions to our systems.  No reason to even get into my car today.  Indeed, an opportunity to focus on things I've been procrastinating.

As much as I like driving from place to place, settling in the lounge chairs then classrooms at OLLI, shopping at Trader Joe's and traversing the aisles of Shop-Rite, getting from place to place generally adds another hour that could be devoted to other things.  Not having a place outside my house that demands my presence, today would be an optimal opportunity to do some of those things I should do but make excuses to postpone. 

No comments: