Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Email change

pol.net is no more.  Medscape withdrew the service that connected me to the outside world since 1996.  In that time, I have been able to impose my thoughts on countless unwilling recipients but also received responses to my queries from mental giants and the stars of Judaism who would have otherwise been inaccessible to me.  The archive grew and probably still exists on a zip drive.  Despite its emotional attachment I almost never accessed the saved weekly Torah insights, Pirke Avot Commentaries, Ramchal summaries and saved exchanges among many friends whose connection might have otherwise been lost.

And it was free to me in exchange for enduring some relatively unobtrusive medical advertising.  comcast.net which replaced it has a monthly fee, though bundled with cable TV which I would be subscribing to anyway. The archive has already begun.

No comments: