Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Upper Hall

Among my twelve semi-annual initiatives, the most challenging may be to create a single unified storage system for my house.  Eating the elephant takes a lot of small bites.  I prefer to chow down first where I can see the incisor marks but where a good chomp will not result in emergency dental expense.  That starts with my upper hall, a repository for who knows what.  Since I've been purging for a few few days, it's more like who knew what.  Stuff is arranged in the manner of a galley kitchen with various full boxes and assorted containers lining walls.  I found a lot of books, not that hard to relocate.  I found papers.  Mine recycled, wife's get boxed.  We have assorted toys, to Goodwill if usable, to landfill if broken.  We have unworn clothing galore.  Some type of donation on these.  Wire coat hangers go back to the cleaner.  A few office items best relocated to My Space.  Some unused medical equipment to a nook in my closet.  Two bedtop desks, one beyond salvage but with the missing part that would restore the better one to full use.  And vcr tapes galore that are mostly beyond recapture and not important enough for a time capsule or museum.

Once one wall of the galley becomes blank, I can move upstairs a very attractive bench captured from my old office via storage unit.  It would add character to that wall and allow for some discrete but labelled boxes beneath.  And none of it comes into My Space unless that is the best destination.
Image result for cluttered hallway

No comments: