Pages

Monday, October 5, 2020

The Concluding Quarter

The midpoint of my semi-annual initiatives has arrived, looking a little different from the day they were written on an 8.5 x 11 inch card and placed with my weekly planning supplies.  I completed the family and purchase categories though nothing else, not for lack of effort.  

Sunday weekly planning postponed until after sundown by yontiff, I devoted the morning to assessing progress and either buckling down or pivoting to a different direction.  Instead of filing financial statements, which are now largely electronic, I will set time aside to look at spending via credit card and bank records.  I've committed to one of two organizations but need to become more assertive about a second.  Day trips have languished due to Covid-19.  They don't have to.  Visiting a National Park remains possible, though my wife seems skittish.  Writing needs specific time set aside to do it.  Pouncing on wrongdoers probably isn't a great initiative, though I'm not ready to abandon this.  I've read an ebook classic and listened to a Jewish themed audiobook.  Working on two non-fiction works.  Not enthused about either but with the aid of a timer to pace myself, I should finish each in a few weeks.  My bedroom upgrade looks like it will be a bedroom half-upgrade.  Again, the timer paces me and assures I devote adequate time to working on this.  My weight and waist have come down measurably, not to goal though.  I've done the things that add to health, even if the anthropomorphic data disappoints.  We can argue whether I've really made two new friends.  My circle of acquaintances has expanded.  But they are really more business than personal additions.

So that's the progress report.  Three months is enough to do all but two.  Allot time and set timer to assure that I am working on these.  Stay focused.  Very doable, and gratifying when done.



No comments: