Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Opting Out



My days have sort of taken their form.  Out of Bed when the wrist buzzer signals at 6:30AM.  Brush teeth with electric toothbrush and floss with disposable pick device.  On Mondays step on the electric scale.  Then downstairs to make coffee.  While it brews, wash dishes, take out recycling, and retrieve newspaper.  When coffee ready to drink, return to My Space, check my messages on email, FB, Twitter, then spin the virtual roulette wheel to see if I am a participant in social media that day. Then look at the task list created the evening before.  Exercise goes best if done at a specified time, typically mid-morning.

And then there's a block of daylight with a very long discretionary list of what I could be doing and not a whole lot of must be doing.  Some of the must-do goes better when repackaged as get to do.  There is also some shouldn't do, like take advantage of the Virtual Roulette allowing me to participate in FB and Twitter that day. But since my opt-in/opt-out daily list segregates to housework, writing, recreation, many of which comprise my semi-annual initiatives, something of value gets chose.  That leaves me pretty well off when daylight wanes, mostly with some accomplishment to show for it.



No comments: