Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Care of Myself

Lab testing this morning, followed by a treat, out for breakfast.  Not an extravagant one, though probably something I could not duplicate in my own kitchen.  At the mid-point of my monthly three-day treadmill hiatus.  Just as well, as I've experienced some axial pain, lower back and thighs.  My mood could be better.  I did have a pleasant exchange with two teachers, contributing to their series and getting invited to give one of the presentations the next semester.  But for the most part, I kept to myself, working on a minor project for lack of motivation for a major one.

I did get up on time, with a favorable report from my wristwatch which has a not terribly accurate sleep assessment app.  And I read some from the book I am reading, though unlikely to finish by month's end.

I'm sore.  Feeling a tad down, though less lonely.  Not really motivated, though still reasonably productive and at times creative.  Not missed any scheduled medicines.  Eating judiciously.  Staying current with medical care.  And at times felt energetic in recent weeks.  But I thought the recovery from assertive walking on the treadmill would have me less achy.  And some vacation days with change of scenery and activity not far off.

Despite the orthopedic and depressive symptoms, neither overwhelming, the principles of attention to my physical and emotional needs remain intact.  I need to sleep on schedule, rest on schedule, eat in a predictably judicious way, do what the doctor advises, approach people in some way each day, do something each day to keep my mind agile, and exercise to age-appropriate capacity.  I think I've done all these things.  The achiness should abate.  The spirits should rise from the effort.



No comments: