Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Assembling

My new TV stand for My Space arrived promptly from Amazon.  While it had generally gotten good reviews once assembled, there were comments from previous purchasers about damage or missing parts.  Mine was left by the delivery people some distance from my front door.  It was too heavy to pick up but I have a hand cart so with some help I was able to move it from in front of the garage to my living room.  The following day I unboxed it and moved a few shelves at a time upstairs to be assembled in the room where it would be used.  The box had two breaks but more importantly, the hardware packet had a tear which left plastic caps and metal shelve pegs scattered within it, to fall randomly onto my living room carpet as I removed the wooden components.  Foam adequately protected everything but it was a crumbly foam that will add to a living room vacuuming chore later.  I retrieved the hardware, accounting for everything except two pegs.  The company, us costway,  must be used to less than content consumers, providing an email contact but no phone.  I told them about the missing pegs.  The next day they responded that they will send another packet of screws.  I have all the screws.

By now I've assembled enough flat-packed furniture that the absence of language on the assembly instructions does not deter me, though a number of former users noted on Amazon feedback that the instructions were not entirely self-explanatory.  Without the prior experience, I'd probably agree.

Tomorrow it goes up.  I think I might be able to get by without the final two pegs but I contacted them again and asked for shelf pegs, not more screws.

59" Console Storage Entertainment Media Wood TV Stand

No comments: