Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Big Screen TV

Image result for big screen tv


My Space, an initiative of the last six months, nears its conclusion.  Fore half of the former study is clean, vacuumed and demarcated with a round rug that I had kept in my office.  I opted to cover the deteriorating lounge chair rather than replace it as its comfort has served me well for decades.  I have a workable desk upstairs and downstairs.  Furniture is distributed around the perimeter of the room except for the wall near the entrance which is blank.  A mezuzah, tastefully crafted by a talented friend, notes the room as fit for habitation with me as the inhabitant.  A white board, still blank, is attached by magnets to the file cabinet just to the left of my desk.

Sitting at my desk chair and in my lounge chair, I surveyed the project and declared it good.  Sitting there with no purpose is fine but having a purpose is better.  I bought a 1980's compact stereo.  Now I need to install a big screen TV with cable and DVD.  Then it's My Space. 

Been to all places that sell a lot of TV's.  A 50 or 55" model will do, though I prefer the larger one.  That's easy.  How to watch it poses more options.  I could get a wall bracket.  Not being adept at wall studs or levels this far out from Jr. High Wood Shop, I would have to hire an installer.  There are free standing units with a sufficient frame that seem economical.  I could get a wooden or glass entertainment center and place the TV on top of it or add a tabletop frame that would allow me to reposition the TV.  I will need a place for the cable box, which I will have Comcast install and while I do not watch much DVD's, the players are not expensive at all and perhaps I should treat myself to movies that I can stop whenever my attention span begins to fail.  I ordered one with shelves which should arrive next week.  Best option for now.

No comments: