Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Cardboard Boxes

Image result for corrugated boxes flattened


My concerted effort to create a single storage area of my house arrives at an important branch point.  I fill our recycling bin to the brim for its biweekly pick-up, tossing school papers, college and medical school papers, a surprising amount of unopened mail more than 20 years overdue for the donations being requested, some paper assigned to the shredding bin instead, and some toy fragments that go into large black plastic trash bags.  Before sorting, most of these items had found their way into corrugated cartons, as did an occasional transient mouse.  With the contents emptied, I now have to deal with the boxes.  Our recycler takes them but there are a lot of them.  It may be better to just transport as many as I can to the state corrugated recycling bins near the landfill.  That means flattening them, which will create a lot of floor space with its sweeping opportunity.  Pace myself, but get it done.

No comments: