Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Discombobulated

Image result for discombobulated


Now restored to upright after much of yesterday horizontal.  Had to arise a little early early yesterday to attend an earmarked morning minyan, feeling a little sleep deprived and coffee deprived but not really out of sorts.  Yesterday was also an OLLI day, two classes at 9AM and 10:30AM.  Still no coffee but I had taken a thermos of seltzer which I sipped.  By the middle of the first class I felt squashed, a little jittery, and with less focus than usual, also pretty hungry.  I contemplated heading home before the second class, about which I felt indifferent, maybe even a little disappointed.  So that's what I did.

Some quick gratification of hunger and a cup of coffee did not help.  Maybe I was still feeling the effects of an increase in the intensity of my previous treadmill session two days before.  No treadmill yesterday.  Maybe just sleep deprived.  I set a timer for one hour, napped, then continued after the timer chimed for another hour.  It did not help.  Sitting upright at My Space had little effect.  I forced myself through a couple of projects, a call to Medicare to check on an overdue premium notice, a run to the post office and a session at my bank to enroll in their online service.  Upright still challenged me, and I started feeling a little tremulous.  Definitely no treadmill session yesterday, though I did not experience pain anywhere, or even soreness.  No intellectually challenging projects either.  And too dysfunctional to tidy up around the house.  Just an off-day.

Reset button today.

No comments: