Pages

Monday, February 10, 2020

Resuming OLLI


Image result for focus on yourself

It's been a great respite, roughly two months long.  Osher Institute follows a University schedule that affords its students a long winter break intended to pursue independent study or work related to study that really cannot be done in the more typical two week winter hiatuses that most university calendars follow.  As post-career students at Osher Institute we generally do not have that future focus, though I'm sure lots of people headed to the warm or traveled to the exotic or made the grandkids rounds across America, something that requires more than two weeks for optimal benefit.   OLLI is unstructured and so am I.  A lot can be done in two months but my own effort was not sustained.  I submitted a few articles, emptied my storage rental unit, visited my daughter, and made some effort to organize my house which could have happened were my effort sustained.

Tomorrow my classes resume, four + Wednesday afternoon Mah Jongg.  None are really participatory classes this time.  Learn about the eye, perhaps understand why I think contemporary Republicanism is an ethical blight, analyze some historical disasters, and go on a weekly scavenger tour of the University of Delaware.  It gives needed structure to the week, which helps when I try to focus better on the twelve semi-annual objectives that I assemble December and June.  Those things need focus.  OLLI helps me get that.

No comments: