Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

Following the Day's Plan

Up on time.  At My Space on time.  Each night, except Friday, at about 7PM I create an outline for the following day.  It is taken indirection from my semi-annual goals with tasks to make them happen.  Then I sleep on it.  The following day, they usually seem reasonable, though I rarely find myself as motivated as I was the evening before when I create the list.

I categorize tasks into Self-Family/Financial/Home Maintenance/Professional, which for me is still things I would do as a doctor.  What I do not do is prioritize within categories.   I look instead, at what can I do quickly now, what can I get rid of so it does not appear on tomorrow's list or even next week's list.  Some things I do not like doing, particularly exercise, but since it is in my enlightened self-interest, that usually gets done.  Tasks that bring me to my semi-annual goals get noted by a highlighter.  It hasn't helped much.  Yet the overriding question always remains, what cna I do right now.  I usually do something.

Image result for taking action

No comments: