Pages

Monday, September 14, 2020

Day Trips

Some time away from home has been a staple of my semi-annual planning.  There is usually an overnight trip and three day trips.  This cycle a variant again appears, with the overnight trip assigned to a National Park and three day trips.  I have rules.  The day trips need to be to sites, though not necessarily towns, where I have never been before and they have to be in different states.  I can probably handle a range of 150 miles but 100 seems more suitable.  NYC with the Chinatown Bus makes for an easy one as NYC has endless places I've not been before and travel is passive.  I've not done Philadelphia but should.  Running out of places in my home state of Delaware.  Baltimore and nearby Maryland has a lot of places.  New Jersey not so many.  Unfortunately, Covid-19 has closed a lot of museums and historical mansions.  Some factory tours are on hold.  Campuses that I've not been to before are only partially open with restricted access.  I don't know about wineries.  State Parks and natural wonders still offer access.  I could go fishing at one of the downstate parks or visit a nature preserve.  It is very possible to do this semi-annual initiative, though planning has languished.  Some attributable to Covid, some to me.

Day Trip Fabric Collection - Art Gallery Fabrics

No comments: