Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September Disappoints

Boost Engagement in September with this Simple Religious Calendar Normally September's onset turns my next page.  I've gotten my school supplies while on sale, son's birthday, my residents are adapting to a more seamless form of patient care, High Holy Days approach with the challenge of a Torah reading and a menu.  In more recent years OLLI begins.  College football and the Iggles take the field.  In election years I start paying attention to what the candidates stand for, though in more recent years it has really been more deciding what I stand for.  We could dispute perhaps if the demarcation day is really September 1 or Labor Day but this year feels different.

I have my son's wedding approaching.  And OLLI reconvenes but in a different form. The Holy Days will arrive too, though without me having to work on my public portion.  Instead of energized, I feel a little let down, too much time at my screens or lying in recliner or couch or bed.  Nobody around at OLLI.  Not a whole lot to harvest from my garden this year.  I seem to lack the eagerness to move along to the year's next chapter.

No comments: