Pages

Monday, November 23, 2020

At My Screen


As I review things I want to do today, or should do today irrespective of whether I really want to, a lot of categories allow shuffling of items on this rather long list.  They are sorted by color with home, medical, financial, and personal divisions.  Some have a colored hilighter designating whether they contribute to the initiatives I set up at each half year. Some have a dash, indicating a finite identifiable end point that allows crossing off as done.  None of these really direct my day.  What does offer direction is a little letter designation: D=downstairs, U=upstairs, C=computer.  There's a lot of stuff that pretty much has to be done over my screen, things from an Osher Institute class, seminar, nearly all my writing projects, my professional medical activities, finances.  I really need not get up from my very comfortable swivel desk chair, though some fairly important items like exercise or house chores displace me from my desk.  But rather than look at what I will do, maybe it will be more efficient to look at where I will be, clustering the computer tasks, the downstairs projects and the upstairs ones.  It my be preferable than my more customary shuttling from place to place.

No comments: