Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Sorting Papers

It's not yet been the first anniversary since closing out my storage unit, a repository for the unwanted that drained a fair amount of money that was wanted.  I thought I would have all worldly goods from that haul removed from my living area to other storage areas within my house, and I've made progress.  Contents of my wife's boxes have been mostly moved to interior Gehenna designated as a place in the basement in front of my work bench.  I still have a line of boxes in front of my stairs that needs a better home, preferably a recycling center, though a landfill will suffice.  I bought a shredder to replace my broken one and began the daunting task of sorting.  Anything more than ten years old except key financial documents gets shredded.  Sort of fun to do that.  I've dumped two bags of confetti into plastic bags.  Though paper, they are not eligible for recycling.  There are basically two filing piles, one of financial statements less than ten years old and the other various consumer filing of credit card statements or confirmation of charitable donations.  There's a lot of paper there, but I will make an effort to have it all done by the end of the calendar year, that anniversary of ending my storage unit rental.  The project seems more tedious than it really is.  And when I am done, I will be able to make that hallway space more navigable.  Worth the effort.



No comments: