Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Returning to Twitter


Twitter, now formally X but for most of its history probably Rated X as toxic, has settled into its new management. Yet with a war in progress, probably a just war to send the modern Amalakites who exploit whatever weaknesses they can identify without regard to consequences, I find myself lured back to commentary.  The service thrives in large part because of the vile nature of the people who display where mental reasoning bottoms out without an editor denying them their functioning SUBMIT icon.

But I have my ideas, too.  And I have the same SUBMIT icon as anyone else.  Needless to say, even as social media goes, my life hardly focuses on X as my forum.  I much prefer the more dignified Reddit where I know nobody, but also cannot tell who is either a public figure or personally accomplished.  Even FB puts me into connection with people that I know.  None are the best without conviction, none are the worst overcome by Yeats' passionate intensity.  I know them personally.  On X, I know many virtually, as they are often public figures with high profile positions, though none personally.  Some really are Yeats' the worst, but a few are also his best.   By now, a successful product of Smart America, I can tell which.

And like my FB personal friends, I have some conviction short of passionate intensity.  But I still have an intellect with sensibility.  My own perspectives may only generate a handful of reads and an occasional response, but it is a forum where I have at least enough conviction and intensity to report what I think to the few viewers that come by.  And with the world fraying around us as Yeats' worst spread their passionate intensity, I need to take ownership of my mind and my SUBMIT icon.

No comments: