Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Cleanup



Image result for Frog Commissary

Indulged one of my favorites yesterday, Oatmeal Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies in the manner of Frog/Commissary that was often a destination when I went to Center City Philadelphia.  I substituted Crisco instead of my more customary half butter/ half Crisco.  It's better with the butter but easier to mix the sugars into the fat using Crisco and I did not have endless patience last evening.  They came out fine, and if I had used pareve chocolate chips, the cookies would also have pareve ingredients though prepare with dairy equipment.  Not hard to make, mix sugars, crisco, egg, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour with a mixer.  Add by hand oatmeal, chocolate chips, walnuts.  Drop a tablespoonful onto a baking sheet.  Bake for 14 minutes, turning the tray about halfway through.  Leaves a lot of dishes, though.  I put each of the ingredients in a cup or small plastic container.  The beaters get pretty sticky,  Measuring cups, including one with residual Crisco, and spoons. The mixing bowl.  Washing the baking tray takes some effort too.  Got started with the intent of finishing in time to use up our over ripe bananas as banana bread later today.  Dishes from dinner too.  One of the better efforts though.

No comments: