Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Plain Stiff

Up in the middle of the night.  Not just failure to move between consecutive sleep cycles but with a notable measure of discomfort.  Putting on my best checklist of sensory comfort to restore sleep had no effect so I took the sleep hygiene advice, arising to the dear recliner in My Space.  Scrolling through recorded shows on the 55" TV I found a relatively old one, an hour long but only stared for about twenty minutes.  Don't even remember what the show was about, other than a science or geography theme.  Before returning to bed, I diverted momentarily to the naproxen bottle, popped one without water, then quickly supine with the sensory comfort check list. Mattress firm, pillow supportive with just the right neck flexion, clothing and bedding comfortable against my skin, room cool but down comforter retained body heat.  Room dark if I kept my eyes closed to obscure minor window light.  Room silent unless I paid no attention to minor ambient sounds outside.  Within a few minutes of naproxen, some transient mid-esophageal discomfort with dissipated, musculoskeletal discomfort dissipated, followed by either one or two glorious sleep cycles that took me an hour past my usual wake time.  If the wrist alarm vibrated, I must have ignored it.  

I can still sense something not quite right, undecided about today's treadmill session which I should still do at lower intensity.

Semi-annual doctor's appointment in a few days.  One more thing to burden her with.



No comments: