Pages

Friday, February 5, 2021

Project Assessment


The first month of my semi-annual initiatives has come and gone.  Not bad progress.  My Gardens:  Aerogarden in progress.  Chia really not doing well at all.  Have list of herbs I want to plant in one bed and tentative vegetables in another.  I live at the border between zones 6 and 7 which gives me a timeline to follow.  I know what container revisions I need.  I know that the main beds need to have soil added.

Don't know about visiting the kids. Both children's addresses added to my GPS, one only 5 hours away so likely to get a visit.

Financial.  Been keeping up with monthly expense log.  Taking course in Excel to get better at analyzing it.

Applied for Social Security to begin the month following my next birthday.  Application accepted.  No additional information requested yet.

More friends: Could be better

Great Courses: Bought two, both as DVD's.  Started the photography one.  The DVD port on my computer seems to be underfunctioning but I could use the one with the bedroom tv and have the computer serviced.

Three Books:  All done.  Audio: What Retirees Want by Ken Dichtwald from Hoopla of public library.  E-book O Pioneers by Willa Cather also from Hoopla.  The Great Partnership by Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, traditional paperback from my Hanukkah gifts.  This is the earliest I have met my intended minimum.

Historical Mansions: Have a list.  Need to decide how far I want to travel and what weather I am willing to endure.  Also subject to what is open due to pandemic effects on tour schedules.

Organizations:  Volunteered for Delaware Service Corps and for local Democratic Committee.  Expect to review scholarship applications for Delaware Community Foundation.

Three Articles: Have subjects.  Not doing well at activation energy.

Book: Took Great Course on writing from library.  Know about character development, focused on how Willa Cather did that in her book.  Plot going nowhere, though not all books really need a plot.  Next phase of DVD.  Somewhere along the way, though, I have to type on Word.

Wt/Waist: At my latest plateau but consistent with exercise sessions and made some progress with nutrition.

Not a bad start.  The writing needs more focus this month. Important to review progress periodically.

No comments: