Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Attempt at Recovery

For a lot of reasons, to stay mostly silent for now, this has been a tough first half of the week.  I need some lab testing this morning, having been sent home from an attempted platelet donation due to inadequate Hb, something that has happened before but this time not a borderline result.  The past few nights have left me sufficiently sleep deprived, so much so this week that for the first time in a while my scheduled treadmill appointment with myself had to be cancelled.  I feel better today, still with some grief for the last three days, probably able to do a reduced treadmill session, and not terribly apprehensive about what today's CBC will show.  There are some good events on the horizon.  I thawed a small brisket, to be coated today with the curing salts and spices for a wonderful St. Patrick's Day corned beef next week.  The weather requires less clothing, no concern about my snowblower not starting, and an opportunity to proceed with the outdoors components of this spring's gardens. While my energy has taken a dip, and mood deteriorated past basic ennui though not all the way to despondent, I should be able to do those things.  My home state medical license lies on my desk, the one where I worked is renewable with some effort that I am ambivalent about pursuing, but it is not out of reach.  Even my Coronavirus immunization date has come through. And eventually a cheerful day will reappear.



No comments: