Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Pesach Shopping

Will I qualify for a free whole Empire chicken this year?  Shop-Rite gives this bonus to people who spend $400 in preparation for their spring holidays.  Last year I made it.  Less sure about this year.  Passover shopping has a way of adding up, typically to the tune of $200.  For the past few trips to Shop-Rite I've been purchasing Kosher poultry and beef as it comes on sale.  I've not hit the Passover seasonal shelves yet, have planned some menus, not hosting a Seder with attendance that requires enormous amounts of food.  How much I will spend and what I will purchase remains uncertain as I prepare to fill my cart a little later.  I have enough meat.  I have spices, though to save freezer clutter, I did not freeze them this year.  My OU Passover Guide arrived, reviewed briefly.  Trader Joes is probably a better place to buy raw nuts for charoset and nusstorte.  Produce can wait until the last minute.  Semi-Perishable dairy is better obtained now.  I use a lot of eggs.  Get that with the produce.  Gave up the evil soda and commercial cookies a few months ago, but Passover Certified Coca-Cola and seltzer have been seasonal staples forever.  Usually get a box of coffee filters, some napkins, baggies and a box of storage bags.  And see if the shankbones have come in yet.  Take my time in the aisles.  Don't fret about forgetting anything.  There will be a second supermarket tour.  And keep track of the receipt total.



No comments: