Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Pesach in Sight


Purim sets its own countdown clock to Pesach.  Shop-Rite has installed its seasonal aisle to reflect that, though I have not yet extracted any staples or goodies yet.  Yontiff with Seder begins at the most inconvenient time of Saturday night, though I've lived through that enough times to be able to adapt to the transition from shabbos.  And I've also lived through a previous Coronavirus Zoom yontiff.

Shul isn't on the agenda, though cleaning, shopping, meal planning and preparation is, all in a three week time frame.  Living room can be organized and vacuumed.  Dining room poses a little more challenge and kitchen a lot more challenge.  Fridge gets broken down by shelf with sponging and scrubbing at the last minute.  I have enough meat, having extracted some Shop-Rite price reductions as they arise.  I can never have enough eggs.  To save freezer space, I did not freeze the spices this year, so I'll see how much potency they lost.  I also don't know who will be coming for  Seder and who will need to connect electronically.

Work and preparation, yet it remains my favorite festival, one that reflects accomplishment both personally and historically.

No comments: