Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Did a Lot in a Half Hour


DST jolted my inner clock settings.  A reset will eventually come, just as if I had travelled to a different time zone, but it's still a work in progress.  In keeping with my commitment to better sleep for myself, I have my wrist vibrate signal set for 6:30 and except for the Sunday of clock adjustment, I have arisen whether I wanted to or not. As I move to daily dental hygiene as the day's first task, a glance outside the bathroom window still has gloom of night. Brushing and flossing and moisturizing forehead all done, it's downstairs for kcup coffee, some Martinson's at half-price on the last Shop-Rite venture.  But in direct site was a filled rack of fleishig dishes.  In indirect site on the table behind me sat milchig dishes needing washing.  I started the coffee.  Then I inverted the corned beef that has been curing, one day short of its St. Patrick's Day conclusion.   While the Mr. Coffee for Kcups did its designated task, I placed into the cupboard four plates and a mug.  The utensils went from the rack to a plastic container on the fleishig cutting board.  The frying pan went onto the cutting board too.  Then I moved the scrubbing pads to their fleishig receptacle beneath the sink followed by the rack and tubs into the under sink closet.  Now to make the sink suitable for the milchig tub and rack.  This takes a few steps.  Wipe off quartz counter, clean the drain particle catcher, scrub the metallic sink, place eggshells in the drain, replace the particle catcher, finally whirl the disposal while I rinse out the sink with the spray device on the sink.  Ready for milchig.  Transfer the tub and rack from atop the washing machine back to the sink and counter.  Then gather all the milchig items in need of washing, place in tub, fill with water, separating glassware for separate washing with a brush.  

Coffee pretty much done.  But before adding coffee mate and taking it upstairs, I put away the fleishig utensils and two now clean plastic containers I had used to store shabbos leftovers.  Almost ready for coffee.  Added powdered whitener.  But before heading upstairs, I could inspect the indoor starters for tomatoes kept in the living room.  I have six degradable cardboard cups, each with tomato seeds kept most for the last week or so.  All six now have sprouts.  The finger test confirmed that no additional moisture will be needed today.  They are all covered with yogurt cups or plastic to create a seed starter hothouse. All sprouts still appear too fragile for open air.

Now coffee at my upstairs desk.  It's not yet 7AM.  And I'm no longer dragging.


No comments: