Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2023

New Camera




My previous digital camera, purchased for my daughter's medical school graduation, served me adequately for about ten years.  It's battery, charging mechanism, and formatting have faltered.  While a new battery charger and battery runs about $14, and I bought one, with an upcoming once in a lifetime trip about a month away, I thought a new camera would be a good investment.  I bought an inexpensive one from walmart.com, about $140, which arrived.  This unit was made in China.  Clearly no frills.  Manual comes in seven languages.  Set-up straightforward.  While they have a FAQ section, they lack a web site to ask my question, one about SD cards.  The camera has no brand name, not in any language.

For the most part, these items are becoming obsolete, as the cell phone camera function serves amateurs like me, but for a landmark trip, I'd rather also have something dedicated to taking pictures.  For $140, not that much different than what I paid for the previous one ten years ago, it's sort of a disposable, but I still want to photograph my end of life and digital share memories of the trip.



No comments: