Pages

Friday, August 11, 2023

Cooking for Two

Sometimes my best efforts in the kitchen are for my wife and me.  Over the years we had gone out for our anniversary but places that we've gone to in recent years have become harder to find and less satisfying than what I can create at home.  So it will be at home in a few days.  Pondering the options, I selected a rib eye steak, something I messed up for Mother's Day but have since learned what I did wrong.  That means shabbos a few nights before will be milchig.  Have a freezer filled with fish fillets, easily breaded and sauteed.

Other stuff depends on what's available.  My garden had a tomato, and Jersey tomatoes were on sale.  Fresh corn would go well with the fish.  Cantaloupes in season.  Torta for anniversary.  Potatoes are versatile.  Got head of cauliflower to use up.  Bought Cabernet for anniversary.  Tabachnick soups on sale.  Tomato basil goes with anything.  And Hungarian Farmhouse Loaf for motzi.  

Small shopping list.  Eggs, since they are needed for the torta and for the breaded flounder.  Need to replace mini-challot.  Need to get the steak from TJ.  Should be two worthy suppers.


 

No comments: