Pages

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Recreation Case



Productive amusement.  I have things I like to do, for sure.  Every day I make an effort to express myself, to learn something.  I am the dominant person of my kitchen, assembling supper most nights and periodically creating an elegant dinner.  I like to read.  I like to drive to destinations, admiring the scenery en route.  And I read something that requires attention most days. 

What I've not done is pursue recreation as I should.  I have cameras, fishing rods, and golf clubs but I rarely venture out to photograph, catch fish, or use the putting green.  I have two harmonicas, watercolors, pastels, drawing pencils, adult coloring books with colored pencils, even a comprehensive art kit in a wooden case.  I've made a small kit to improve my fishing proficiency.  All scattered in various parts of my desk.  

About two weeks ago, decided to gather my recreational items, art, harmonica, and knot tying into a single place.  My once daily canvas briefcase has been dormant since retirement.  Into it went one harmonica, pastels, colored pencils, sketching pencils, and a back to school watercolor tin.  My fishing knots training equipment went in as well.  And that's where they've been for two weeks, just to the left of my swivel chair.  Cameras on my desk.  Putting iron and golf balls in trunk along with a few fishing rods and the lures.  Need to reach into that attache for something each day.

No comments: