Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Perking Up

First cup of coffee not yet finished.  Morning pills swallowed and washed down with that coffee.  I had changed my sleep pattern last week, adding ten waking minutes to the beginning and end of each day.  It has gone well, particularly at the end when I know I must be engaged with something, even if only a worthwhile streamed TV show, until I am allowed into my bedroom.  The morning does not force awakening, as I am already awake for some time, as much as it does exiting bed to the next step of daily dental hygiene, also reset as a new habit about two years ago.  However, I do too much clock watching to assure I get all the bed time to which I am entitled, so I really need to reset the morning alarm on my smartwatch to buzz at the arising time.

I'm probably a little less tired on the new schedule, probably not yet significantly more accomplished in my activities.  I have been waking partially refreshed, though definitely ready for coffee, which I have not yet rationed.  Usually two cups before the treadmill, for which I also have a fixed schedule of days and a reasonably adhered to target time for doing this, though I welcome those scheduled rest days.  By treadmill's completion I am usually ready to engage in productive activities, not only fully awake but reasonably motivated.  I am not always optimally focused, though.  

While only less than two weeks into the revision, having a finite start and end of the day has contributed to what come in between.


No comments: