Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Due Dates

Shabbos approaches.  I've scheduled my roughly quarterly shabbos morning at Beth Tfiloh tomorrow.  Easy dinner to make today, defrost the previously made chicken and make Hasidic Noodle Kugel.  Will try to use a water bath this time to promote more even cooking in the loaf pan. 

I don't have a sense of urgency to get everything done in time that I once had, even with the return to Standard Time this week bringing sunset much earlier on the clock.  Dinner will get done.  Everything else on  a long daily task list really has no deadline other than paying my Medicare premium and renewing my state medical license where the deadlines are not imminent.  Our motivation and ultimately our success, though, depends on how we handle the things we want to do without the external impositions, whether the natural sunset or the legal due dates.

Image result for do it now

No comments: