Pages

Monday, November 5, 2018

Getting Up Early

Off Topic, maybe.

I'm now three months into retirement, planned for five years, financially secure my adviser tells me.  I find it hard, indeed unfathomable, to start a workday at 7:30AM when I would typically leave home and go straight through to 6:30PM when I would get home.  My day has become short bursts of activity with lulls or diversions, though some are productive.  That's not to say I haven't done worthwhile things.  I've been to Europe for the first time.  I exercise on schedule, interrupted by days of quadratus lumborum pain.  My diet is better but my waist circumfrence and weight have not changed in the two years I have kept records.  Each day I have a list of more things than I can do, but focus on two or three, sometimes substantive like decluttering the study to be my reclusive space, more often trivial like doing the laundry. 

I have a few time restrictions that have served me well.  No food from 8PM to 6AM based on a study that showed better weight control by doing this irrespective of what is eaten at the other times and no internet from 11PM to 5:30AM, originally intended to sleep better but not terribly successful at that, though with other merits to justify keeping the restrictions going.

Today I woke up in the middle of the night, tried to return to sleep, almost did and arose at 6:30.  Thought about going to a new local diner for breakfast, but opted for coffee at home via K-cups instead.  I did the rest of fleishig dishes, cold laundry, worked on Thanksgiving dinner, which is one of my annual projects, and in general feel more prepared for the rest of the day.  I've taken my weekly weight and waist measurements.  Uncertain on treadmill as I am still achy.  Limited Facebook and email which are my time sinks. 

I always knew I was a morning person. 

Image result for morning person

No comments: