Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Lumbar Pain

My grandfather at about my age used to experience what in those days was called lumbago.  I do not think this is an inherited trait but I've acquired it as well, on and off for a few months, fully disrupting what had been a very successful exercise schedule.  It will endure a while, response to non-prescription anti-inflammatory agents, cause no neurologic disruption, but leave me rather sedentary.  I've tried to tease out the anatomy.  Flexing knees and hips gives relief.  Worst pain occurs at about the halfway point moving from sitting to upright.  It's more noticeable when sitting than standing or walking, which may be a hint for keeping myself upright and moving.  Car seat seems more comfortable than kitchen chair.  I have a Howmedics back massager whose input has been disappointing but worth another try.  It will soon pass.

Image result for lumbago

No comments: