Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Creating Sub-Categories

Man and selective sorted | Clipart Panda - Free Clipart Images  Clutter got to me, with its remedy hastened by a need to clear an upper hallway for urgent ceiling repair and painting.  I also set optimal use of my bedroom as a goal for the second half of this calendar year.  Everything depends on categories.  There's Keep-Toss-Donate.  I started sorting by ownership:  mine-wife-son-daughter.  Two boxes contained Mine.  Then out of the main hall into mostly my bedroom.  Next subcategory: final resting place.  Bedroom-MySpace-Downstairs, all into separate boxes and transported.  The the hard part, what is all this stuff?  Some snack bags and a marker helped.  Sewing stuff already had a designated container as did buttons.  I found combs, a lot of combs.  They now have a bag.  There are plastic bracelets.  There are metal bracelets.  Tape measures have become common give away items.  I had enough for another clear mini-bag.  My unused camera and film stash got another bag, mainly for obsolete devices that use film and for digital obsolete devices that need a chip smaller than 4G that no longer appear on retailers' shelves.  And some great camera bags and fanny packs to go with this stuff.  Pens have a cardboard box as designated receptacle.  Grooming supplies posed a dilemma.  Probably easiest to sort as shampoo, dental, lotion which all have receptacles in the bathroom.  Found oodles of hardware and tools.  These need a dedicated home after sorting, so into a big bag, then transported downstairs.  The Endocrine Society gives away a lot of lapel pins and other decorative items, combined with lapel pins of other sources into another see-through bag.  Some now have open pins without an attachment receptacle so I have to shield the sharp points.  These subcategories have no limits until I reach either miscellaneous or not otherwise classified.  Eventually.

No comments: