Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Walking Sideways

Turn Any Bedroom Into a Dreamy Sanctuary | www.nar.realtor




This month brings not only definition of the next six month's categorized projects but some though as to why I want to do them.  There is always a home category and it usually involves either a regional decluttering or a systemic way to deal with stuff, much of which is either not mine but in great quantity or not mine but intrusive to mine despite a relatively small amount.  Since closing my storage space last winter, the stuff is still in boxes placed on the flat surfaces of convenience.  I find myself walking sideways amid constricted paths and wanting better definition of space that is not shared.

I've done a good job creating inviolable work space, abysmal job with storage decisions, and never really defined recreational space other than my treadmill which is off limits to storage of any type despite a significant flat surface.  The sideways walk includes upper and lower halls, my bedroom, the laundry room, access to the family room, parts of the basement, parts of the kitchen.  This needs to be fixed.  It will take the whole six months if I want to do it at all.  A better option may be to designate my recreational space:  the deck and access to it, the front entryway, my gardens, defining my bedroom as my sanctuary, the kitchen.  Then the spaces acquire a purpose with using them as the end point, or maybe enjoying each as the end point.  Removal of impediments then becomes not the goal, but part of the process of achieving the goal.

Bedroom as sanctuary probably meets the SMART goal definition.  It is specific, my defined space of the bedroom is available to do what I like their with other parts walled off in some way.  It is Specific-Sensible-Significant.  Measurable may be more difficult without a clear end vision but it is Motivating-Meaningful.  It is almost Achievable with one big obstacle that I can probably minimize.  I see having recreational and restful space as Relevant-Reasonable.  And I set the Time as four months.  This is now my defined Home Goal for the coming half year.

No comments: