Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Feeling More Rested

Much to be said about two additional sleep cycles.  Chronic middle of the night insomnia continues with a wake time of about 3AM pretty much every night.  Current coping techniques have included turning on the air conditioner when going to bed and enhancing nasal breathing with now generic fluticasone.  Whether I've been sleep deprived with impaired daytime functioning is less certain, though I do OK in the morning after coffee but need a respite in early afternoon.

Today I feel a lot better having returned to sleep for two additional hours, which would be an entire sleep cycle, maybe even two, with one that I could recognize as REM.  The AC off and down comforter on until the wrist alarm, which for the first time in ages I didn't even notice.

While I won't really know until mid-afternoon, I can tell a difference on arising.  I don't feel as dragging or as obligated to arise.  My spirit seems cheerful and I want to move along with the day's tasks, even before brewing the first of the day's coffee.  Perhaps nasal care and a cool bedroom are the new habits to maintain.



No comments: