Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Post-Vacation Sloth

Been home from a couple of days in the Poconos about 2.5 days.  The purpose of the time away was mostly a form of escapism, some wineries, some eating out, no housekeeping, and one visit.  All accomplished.  Mostly uneventful drive home, some two hours, followed by legitimate resting up, as sleep did not go especially well.  My next two days did not reflect any desired post-vacation vigor.  To be fair, the following day I had some real tasks, submitting an article, making shabbos dinner, returning to the treadmill after a day off.  All done by 11AM.  Maybe go to a park where I could sip coffee.  Forecasted rain started drizzling onto my windshield shortly after departing my house, not enough to soak my car, or me if I got out, but enough of a deterrent to return home.  I could have gone for an overdue haircut but really didn't want to.  And FB Roulette came up EVEN at 32 so no goofing off there either.  So instead, I had some minor satisfaction that always comes with submitting my monthly Medscape article and contented myself in the revived recliner that sits in the center of My Space.

And a lazy shabbos followed.  Treadmill done, my only tangible accomplishment.  Most of the day reclining in My Space, reviewing what I had and had not done during the week and how the coming week might move me along a little better.

This coming week has two initiatives.  My every ten year surveillance colonoscopy is on schedule for the end of the week.  And in June I plan the activities for the second half of each year while trying to tie up those not quite finished initiatives of the current half-year.  It went better than most but still a few things that require me to return to checklists and focus.  Still doable.

No comments: