Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Updated Lab



Platelet donations have been on hold a while.  This has been among my most extended, gratifying contributions, interrupted when my desktop Hb fell below their threshold of 13.0 g/dl in a consistent enough way to have the lab confirm this.  At 12.2 g/dl on a random specimen, the desktop hemocytometer was apparently accurate.  Two months have elapsed.  I feel OK and it was time to have my periodic lab testing done anyway.  After NPO the Hb measured 12.9 g/dl.  While borderline, and done in a semi-dehydrated state which the Blood Bank does not allow its donors, it seems close enough to make another appointment to see if I can return to the donor corps.

Other lab testing did not seem worrisome at all.  Technically I classify as low grade CKD but the creatinine has not changed in a meaningful way.  My LDLC calculated, not really measured, to 83 mg/dl with full compliance with rosuvastatin, which I probably ought to suspend for a week to see if my achiness changes.  Do that next week.  Normal urine.

In effect, nothing worrisome or even in need of additional investigation, though it would be well to consider things that detract from how I feel that do not appear on screening lab testing.  My sleep has improved with minor intervention.  Achiness can be assessed with a selective drug holiday.  Sinuses have responded favorably to resumption of nasal steroid which I keep in my line of sight next to my laptop to assure two sprays early each morning.  Back on citalopram.  I've noticed that I'm less distracted and maybe have a longer fuse but not a great difference.  Maybe I'm not quite as sharp in some of the higher reasoning insights but discontinuing it right now does not seem the best choice.

Have to see if the doctor contacts me or trusts me to assess this on my own, though I have a Medicare Wellness Assessment not far off.

No comments: