Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Broken Fridge Shelf

 All of a sudden, jars from the refrigerator door came crashing to the floor.  Not the first time, probably not the last time.  Nothing broke, despite many being glass.  Never does.  This one differed.  Usually I jostle the shelf and the plastic joint between door and shelf dislodges.  I put it back, restore the jars and we're back to where we were.  This time, though, the joint remained undisturbed.  The right vertical portion of the plastic shelf simply fractured.  The left half remained intact, so I returned what could safely be contained on a reasonably secure shelf  on the left, placing the others on the lower fridge shelf.  Then try to replace the broken part. 

Not so easy.  I copied the code number of the refigerator model from its label, then typed it onto Google Chrome.  When I replace a part last time, that model was found in the bowels of cyberspace,  This time none exists.  Maybe what I called 0 was really O.  No results there either.  I checked the number again.  Maybe another typo somewhere but no.  I called the 800 help line, which was eventually answered.  While waiting, I checked the label again.  Maybe what I thought was an 0 was really a Q.  I thanked the person who answered, went back upstairs to my laptop, and repeated the search with a Q.  My refrigerator model has been recorded in cyberspace.

Now the shelf.  From Frigidare, $47 + shipping.  From Amazon $38 plus shipping.  However, there is a generic for $30 total.  I could always send it back.  Should arrive in a few days


.

No comments: