Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Fall Clean-up

Transitioning from outdoors to indoors takes more than one form.  Some outdoor tasks include taking down the sukkah, storing it for next fall.  My garden has probably produced its lasts, though there might still be a pumpkin to be had.  I'll need to take out a big bag, then one square at a time remove what currently occupies each of the thirty-six squares.  The deck needs to have stuff for next summer brought inside, though the antigravity recliner, used far less than I had hoped, seems to survive its winters outside.  I assume the umbrella bases will as well, though the umbrella itself would keep better indoors.  And I have disappointing planters outside my front door.  Rosemary can be salvaged indoors, but it already died.  Spearmint also looks dead but tends to resurrect itself each spring.  For my big pot, I'll make pesto from the remaining basil, then replant it next spring.  

I also have some outdoor tasks.  Have given up on leaf raking.  The lawnmower's mulching seems adequate.  My snowblower has not worked in two years.  This November I will make it work, even if I have to follow the YouTube repair directions one word at a time.

As I come indoors for a few months, the indoors need to be optimal.  I am committed to using my fireplace for the first time in years, and using it safely.  Again, some targeted work.  I spend the majority of each day in My Space irrespective of season.  That needs to be as close to optimal as my energy allows.

So I seem to have much to do.  Allot a few small moves forward each day.

No comments: