Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Medication Respite

Achiness has overtaken me.  I feel mostly healthy, just hurt.  Legs more than anyplace else, not recovered from a few days off treadmill.  No other systemic symptoms.  Nor fully localized symptoms not accounted for by injury.  Doubt infectious.  Could be inflammatory.  Could be medicine.  That's the easiest to address.  Cannot think of an introductory or time correlation with any of them.  Statin most likely.  Introduction of HCTZ did not go well, and that is the most recent addition.  Calcium Channel blockers cause all sorts of odd symptoms.  

Filled my weekly pill case as I do every Sunday morning.  Doubt PPI would do this, and I've been on it a very long time.  NEJM Review suggested it is better to take this in the morning so after the Yom Kippur fast at mid-week I will move this.  No reason I have to take the multivit right now.  It is being taken for the small amount of iron it provides and I have endoscopic studies scheduled to explore its loss.  Nothing other than being disqualified as a patelet donor is likely to happen from not taking it for ten days.  I've suspended the statin before, not a huge effect, but it is the most likely culprit.  BP cannot be neglected.  I've taken the ACE inhibitor chronically and it is unlikely to cause what I feel.  That has to stay for now.  Calcium Channel blocker and HCTZ can be suspended and BP followed more closely while they are on hold.  

I have the option, also, of going back on naproxen, which I rarely take ass nd whose efficacy is partial.  These are the days I miss Vioxx, of blessed memory.  It always reversed achiness, but since the statin and antihypertensives are fundamentally to reduce heart risk, Vioxx even if still on the market, does not seem a great option.

Pills status quo to YK, then reset with morning only dosing of PPI and ACE.  Follow BP on alternate days.  Assess musculoskeletal situation in about ten days.  



No comments: