Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Serious Scheduling




Getting to the conclusion of the Omer and to the calendar month.  Pretty much every day has some scheduled activity, or quasi-scheduled.  Wife's choral concert, then her choral group's annual meeting for which I agreed to contribute to their pot-luck.  Got invited to serve on an opinion panel at mid-week. Then Shavuot at end of week, with dinner guests for shabbos.  That goes into Memorial Day weekend, with a congregational event on the holiday itself, that I have mixed feelings about attending, as the experience with Chief Influencers has caused me some discomfort.  I'll probably go.  Then finish the month with a doctor's appointment, followed a week later with a trip to San Francisco.  

Those are the appointments.  There's also some food preparation.  Clear fleishig leftovers, food in freezer, dishes and utensils washed, as this week is milchig eating.  Need to inventory ingredients, shop for what I need, as the shabbos dinner takes some planning and effort.  Need to replenish some of my dwindling supply of medicines before yontif.

And not neglect my writing projects or my garden.  And maybe even finish what I need to enable al fresco dining on my underutilized deck.

I can do all this and do it well.

No comments: