Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Some Cooking

Allocated this week to upgrading my kitchen skills.  Rough start but able to catch up.  Agenda:  Hungarian Monkey Bread for the Delaware Choral Arts Potluck supper.  Dough came out sticky, lots of cleanup, which I'll start during the rise, then make the coating.  Was not planning to use the food processor but I may need to grind some brown sugar.  Pastry board is a mess.  I will need that to roll out the dough, then later today I need to make rough puff pastry for later in the week.  That also needs a pastry board as well as a clean food processor.

Tomorrow, shop for rest of ingredients in advance of yontif.  Thaw cod.

Day after, blintzes.  I need a blender for that, which I have.

Big cooking for shabbos guests.  Start Challah early in the morning. Use stand mixer. Go to services while dough rises.  Make pie dough before services and chill in fridge.  I think I'll still be able to go to services.  When I get back, make pie.  While pie bakes, punch down challah dough and shape loaves.  Pie comes out, bake challah.  Then after that roast tomatoes for soup.  Make salad while pie bakes, as it is best refrigerated.  Late afternoon, assemble coulibiac which takes a while.  Set aside, but do not bake until about an hour or two before guests arrive.  Make soup.  This keeps.  It can be heated on stovetop while coulibiac bakes.  Steam carrots.

Set table.  Put everything in serving dishes.

I think I can keep this all sequential.



No comments: