Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Optimistic New Week

Restrictions of Covavirus have taken their personal toll.  I had a brief illness with headache, insomnia, and inversion of my sleep cycle.  Mild exertional dyspnea.  No fever so not tested.  I wonder if I was hypoxemic, as this might account for symptoms.  They resolved over a few days and no contacts have become ill as far as I know.  Other than a few days recovery, the strain has been more keeping businesslike.  I get dressed daily, nearly always in the morning.  I have a purposeful list Gof weekly goals and daily tasks that I've pursued about as well as I did when I was working.  Things that are very finite with end points seem to get done, other things slide.  Exercise has become consistent as long as I feel well.  Staying upright through my wake cycle has not gone well at all.  Medscape submissions go out on time each month.  Others are more when I feel inspired to express myself, which has declined in frequency.  My financial reviews have not kept up to date.  My housework largely has, with Pesach imposing some firm deadlines.  And I still wish I got more pleasure from my efforts but I probably don't control this.

Fast Five and First Five-Making Your Weekly Tasks Happen Each Day ...New weekly outline, composed first thing Sunday morning as I have been doing for years.  I think this will be the week that my gardens get fully planted.  I have an outline.  The right weather matters.  Maybe I'll go fishing.  And once my financial accounts are outlined, I can cross the project off.  I wanted to become proficient at understanding burnout, but the coronavirus stresses on the active medical people seems to have restored their sense of purpose and blunted some of the antagonisms that contribute to this.  And I'm a platelet donor.  And the evening timer reminds me of the nightly Omer count. 

So there are things to do, though all largely solitary.   Need to keep the end points as specific as possible.

No comments: