Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

In a Fog

Or perhaps in a snit.  Not taken Shammai's advice to greet everyone with a pleasant face this week.  Been achy, a little irritable, not quite hostile, and generally feeling imposed upon, though without justification.  It's been easy to create a list of what I want to do each day the evening before, not successful at all approaching the big projects.  As I read the synagogue offerings for December, I judge myself left out of any input to planning.  The decoration of a storefront by the Jewish Historical Society proceeded without me.  I've neglected most of my writing initiatives.  Filing papers from the living room remains half done.  

My sleep has settled into a new pattern of 4AM awakening without resumption of sleep, leaving me more tired.  Exercise gets done as a priority, though the benefit and intensity has plateaued.  I can start what I set out to do but not finish.  And I've been struggling to avoid responding in kind to those who annoy me.

Probably just need a vacation.  As my vacations from work got a little overdue, my disposition would deteriorate as it seems to be doing now.  Unfortunately, travel which was planned for next week seemed unwise enough to cancel the trip.  I will need to replace that, or maybe just spend next week doing different things from my customary activities.



No comments: