Pages

Monday, December 28, 2020

Next Set of Initiatives

Something that has kept me focused for a while, though not learned until well into middle age, has been to determine long-term and intermediate goals, which for me runs on six month cycles.  I am concluding the last, moving ahead to the next.  Some things went well, particularly those with measurable, finite end points.  One was abandoned.  I waver whether deep sixing it resulted from it not being a real goal, not within my innate character, or just too hard to accomplish.  But it got crossed off with very little attention offered.

This Cycle:

  1. Home: Create a home garden
  2. Family: Visit each of my children
  3. Health: Meet specified weight and waist measurements
  4. Frontier: Have first draft of my book ready for editing
  5. Mental: Submit three articles to three different publishers
  6. Financial: Log my expenses on a specified day each month
  7. Community: Engage in two organizations
  8. Travel: Visit three historical mansions not visited previously
  9. Self: Read three books
  10. Long Term: Receive Social Security Benefits
  11. Purchase: Engage in two Great Courses
  12. Friends: Acquire two new friends.
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Relevant
Time specified

I think all qualify.  Some are easy, some require tenacity.  The right mixture



No comments: