Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Not Been Fishing

My interests tend to fluctuate over time.  When the carpet cleaners came to prepare for Passover, I removed quite a few fishing rods from our living room to the hall and still have another on the floor of my car's back seat.  I've been to Walmart and Dick's, not to the more distant but better supplied Cabela's where I add to my supply of hooks and lures.  The waders hang on a hall tree near my front door and the fishing vest in the hall closet.  All unused.  I've not learned any new fishing knots in about a year.  I haven't even ventured beyond Bellevue State Park, our closest pond.  I've also not actually hooked a fish since I began a few years ago.

Still, it's worth another try this spring.  Going to Lum's Pond, despite loss of rod, and to White Clay Creek provide me some quiet and some challenge at the same time.  Beck's Pond sits a little closer and there are usually other fisherman around trying their luck from the rocky banks.  Good outings.  I could use some good outings.



No comments: