Pages

Friday, April 30, 2021

Seasonal Clothing Exchange

Perhaps I'm a week later than most years, but local weather has warmed sufficiently to wear short pants and short sleeves.  My warm weather duds spend the cold months in a duffle and two plastic bags, reasonably sorted by purpose.  Starting with shorts for cashmere yesterday, it struck me that I didn't wear anything of cashmere.  I hardly wore mock turtles either but mostly long sleeve tees to be replaced with short sleeve tees.  Short PJs came out of storage, flannels into a bag as I wash them.  Things hanging in the closet stay there as nearly all warm weather clothing is foldable.

I haven't taken inventory, though I doubt if I will need anything.  My weight has declined by 4kg, by omitting cookies, potato chips, squishy bread, and soda from my shopping cart, I think.  My shorts come in two sizes to accommodate weight when it was rising.  I assume either will fit.

Last summer Covid-19 hampered our activities, which may have had some impact on clothing, or at least the more chic stuff that comes out following social invitations or synagogue.  I don't know if I really want to return to synagogue, but it is reopening.  Otherwise it is pretty much wat I would wear at home or to the store, with perhaps two days at the beach and two short road trips.  Nothing elegant.  Mostly seasonal.



No comments: